Dan’s Whetstone Sharpening Stone – 5″ Translucent Arkansas Stone
2nds. Dan’s Whestone Translucent Arkansas sharpening stones are the finest natural sharpening stones available and come from the nearly pure silica rock formations known as Novaculite, a compact, quartzose rock deriving its name from “Novacula”, a Latin word meaning “sharp knife.”
- Translucent Arkansas Novaculite stone quarried in the Ouachita Mountains
- Extra-fine grade for razor edges and fine polishing
- Finest grade natural abrasive stone available today; considered surgical grade
- Natural Arkansas Novaculite stone has a structure of individual quartz grains with voids and exposures of crystalline edges that enhance sharpening ability
- Commonly used in industrial applications where an extremely fine polish is required
- Use with honing oil for maximum effectiveness
- Handsomely packaged in an aromatic cedar box
- Size: 5x2x½”
- Weight: 7.8 oz.
- 2nds, minor surface blemishes. USA.